Coordinator Student with Disabilities
This is an ongoing, full-time position starting in January 2020.
Applications close at 4.00pm on 15 November 2019.
St Simon Peter Catholic Primary School is a learning organisation catering for children in our ELC and Kindergarten through to Year 6. The school currently accommodates over 750 students, with a dedicated team of teachers, teaching assistants and administrators. The school operates the Catherine Centre to cater for students with disabilities and special needs. This is a teaching position with some time allocated for coordination and admin duties. Currently, there is a Coordinator and two teachers with 15 Education Assistants employed through funding to cater for students who are enrolled at the school in mainstream classrooms.
- Must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education and faith.
- Be a learner with an understanding or experience with using Hattie's Visible Learning strategies.
- Be an enthusiastic teacher with the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a disabilities learning team who work out of the Centre.
- Have a sound understanding of current special educational theories and practices.
- Provide dynamic and differentiated learning to ensure all students succeed.
- Be an organised staff member who shows initiative, flexibility and display a positive outlook towards a culture of sharing and responsibility.
- Be competent with the use of ICT including the integration of iPads and other devices into the teaching and learning program
- Minimum four year primary teaching qualification
- Qualifications in the field of disabilities or special needs
- Training in working with students with complex behaviours
- Have Accreditation to Teach Religious Education or working towards
For more information please visit: www.ssp.wa.edu.au
In applying for this position you will be providing personal information to the School. This information will be used in order to assess your application for employment.
Applicants must submit a covering letter, curriculum vitae and a completed SSP Application Form (from the school's website) addressed to the Principal, including the names and contact numbers of three referees, one of whom must be the current employer and a Parish Priest. Applicants must have a current registration as a teacher with the Teacher Registration Board of WA (TRBWA) to be eligible for appointment. Information is available from the TRBWA website.
Catholic Education Western Australia encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people of all ages and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.
On appointment successful applicants will require a Working with Children Check. Application forms are available at certain Australia Post Outlets throughout the State. A list of participating Australia Post outlets can be found on the Australia Post website. An application for a WWC must be made in person.
Please click on the link to access our EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM