YEAR 2 TEACHER - TERM 3 2023
Due to existing staff taking leave during Term 3, 2023, the school is seeking a full-time temporary teacher to replace this teacher in the Year 2 classroom. This position is for the duration of Term 3, 2023.
Applications from early career teachers are welcome.
In addition to your cover letter and CV, the selection criteria outlined below must be addressed in writing as part of this application. Please provide a maximum of two pages in total aligned to the domains below:
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated educator who values the importance of teamwork and collaborative planning.
- The ability to organise, select and design content for effective teaching and differentiated learning in an early childhood setting.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the need for both Explicit and Differentiated instruction to support student learning
- Understands the importance of developing positive relationships with children to cater for diverse students' needs
- Be an organised staff member who shows initiative, flexibility and displays a positive outlook towards a culture of sharing and responsibility
- Be competent with the use of ICT including, the integration of iPads and other devices into the teaching and learning program
- Show initiative and participate fully in school activities
- Cover Letter (1 Page)
- Selection Criteria (2-page maximum)
Applicants are to submit a cover letter, a written response to the Section Criteria and a Resume, including the names and contact details of a minimum of three referees, including the current employer and Parish Priest, if applicable.
Please submit applications via email in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject heading of Year 2 Primary Teacher Application, no later than 4 pm on Tuesday 30 May 2023.
• 4 Year Education Degree
• Accreditation requirements as specified by the Catholic Education Office or working towards these requirements
If applying for any employment you will be providing personal information to the School. This information will be used to assess your application.
Applicants must have current registration as a teacher with the Teacher Registration Board of WA (TRBWA) to be eligible for appointment. Information is available from the TRBWA website.
Catholic Education Western Australia encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people of all ages and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.
On appointment, successful applicants will require a Working with Children Check. Application forms are available at certain Australia Post Outlets throughout the State.
A list of participating Australia Post outlets can be found on the Australia Post website. An application for a WWC must be made in person.
Relief Employment Opportunities
If you wish to be considered for Relief Teaching/Relief Education Assistant at St Simon Peter Catholic Primary School, please submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WWC – Working With Children
- TRB – Teachers Registration Board (TRB)( teachers only)