Children are supervised from 8.25am to 3.15pm each day. If they arrive or are picked up outside of these hours, supervision cannot be guaranteed. Children at school before or after these hours sit in the designated quadrangle areas which are passive spaces with no running. There is no playing of games before or after school.
If parents know they are going to be late picking up a child, they must contact Reception so that appropriate arrangements can be made for supervision at Student Services.
School Starting Times
All classes (Pre-Primary - Year 6) - Doors open at 8.30am and classes begin on the bell at 8.40am
Finishing Times (Pre-Primary - Year 6) - 3.00pm
3 Year Old Kindy - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - 9.00am to 2.15pm
Kindy Starting Time - Monday to Friday - 8.45am
Kindy Finishing Time - Monday to Friday - 2.15pm
Recess Time - 10.50am - 11.10am
Lunch Time - 12.45pm - 1.20pm
Held on Wednesdays (check Term Calendar) at 8.50am
PLEASE NOTE: Due to increased safety and supervision requirements at SSP children attending Kindy or Pre Primary sessions must be brought to and picked up from the door of the classroom by an adult (no siblings).
TRAVELLING TO AND FROM SCHOOL
Parking is an issue at most schools and it is a challenge for schools to look at various options to help students get to and from school. Schools are built with a limited amount of parking bays to cater for school staff and for parent pick-up and drop-off. Due to location we have a limited amount of onsite bays for our parents and staff, including four ACROD bays for permit holders.
Click for parking locations – St Simon Peter CPS School Map
School start time and finish time
Classrooms are open from 8.30am, which allows students 10 minutes to get set up before school starts at 8.40am. Students must not arrive before 8.25am as there is no supervision and therefore their safety cannot be guaranteed. School finishes at 3.00pm and children will be supervised until 3.15pm.
If you are going to be late please call the School Office on 9301 6888 to inform the office of your alternative arrangements.
If you need to drop off your child / children before these times St Simon Peter CPS have an Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) on site. Please contact OSHC on 9301 8657 to make arrangements.
We encourage parents / caregivers to consider the three options below for getting to and from school.
Getting to and from school
- Active Transport
‘Active transport’ includes walking, scooting or cycling to school. This is a great opportunity for students to get their 10 minutes of exercise in the morning and in the afternoon. St Simon Peter CPS have bike racks located behind the Sports shed for your convenience.
- Kiss and Ride
St Simon Peter CPS has two convenient ‘Kiss and Ride’ zones. The Senior ‘Kiss and Ride’ and the Junior ‘Kiss and Ride’, where parents / caregivers in the morning can drive in and drop students off. Then students walk to class.
At the end of the day students wait by either ‘Kiss and Ride’ zone to be collected as their parents / caregivers drive through. STRICTLY NO PARKING.
- There is only LEFT TURN entering and exiting both 'Kiss and Rides'.
- If entering Prendiville Ave from Marmion Ave, traffic should continue to the roundabout at Constellation, come around and enter the 'Kiss and Ride' driveway as a LEFT TURN.
- Do not leave your vehicle to assist with traffic flow, drivers should remain in the car whilst children get in and out.
- Children should travel with bags in the car (not in the boot) and ensure your child is prepared for a prompt drop off.
- Be timely – If your child does not get in or out of the vehicle within 2 minutes, you must leave and re-enter the 'Kiss and Ride' zone.
- Stay in sequence – Do not cut in the queue or overtake. Drop off or pick up your child close to the top of the zone, allowing vehicles following you to enter the zone in an orderly manner. Never double park.
- Child safety – Please ensure children get in or out of the vehicle on the kerb side. The back seat is the safest seat for children to travel in, regardless of the make of vehicle. Ensure children have their restraints securely fastened before driving off.
- No U-turns – Do not do U-turns in busy school zones. They are dangerous and put children at risk. Please drive around the block.
We encourage parents to carpool. Carpooling involves multiple parents taking it in turns to collect the children and transport them between home and school.